02 July 2007

Off to school we go.... soon

The boys will be starting pre-school on August 22!

Last Friday I took them on a tour of their new school, Dublin Prep Academy. Don’t let the name fool you – it’s a very fun school. Actually, it’s an incredible educational opportunity for any kid lucky enough to get the chance to go. Even for those of us who hated school – and trust me I was at the front of that line – this is a very cool place to spend time.

Here’s a picture of the boys before the visit. As I got them dressed, I was a little worried they might be afraid, might cling to me. Ha!

They began the tour with a bang – saying a gracious and enthusiastic “Hi!” to Miss Tory, striding along with that particular ‘toddler’ exuberance. Parents, you know that toddler ‘tude: Overly confident – with no basis whatsoever.

When we got to the computer room, the boys asked Miss Tory if they could sit at desks and look at the icons. Before I knew it, Jack was working on something. I see a cartoon squirrel talking to him on screen.
Who knew?

The next stop was the gym/indoor play area, or “large motor and muscle coordination” center as they call it in child development world.

Sam literally shrieked with delight as he saw a number of basketball hoops, several giant (I mean GIANT – i.e. several feet in diameter) soccer balls; and various other play things.

Doug joined us for the tour. At one point, I am pretty sure that he, too, shrieked with delight upon seeing the gym. All I know is that while I was speaking to Miss Tory, out of the corner of my eye for a split second, I saw Doug and Sam playing basketball. Doug tried to play it off as he was “taking the ball away from Sam” but we all know that’s code for “We were playing PIG.” !

We're all excited for the boys to begin this next big adventure in their young lives!

The school's web site is here: http://www.prepacademyschools.org/11761.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment