05 July 2007

Spiders, spiders everywhere

It’s official. I have a spider problem in my bedroom. I’ve mentioned spider encounters before – but wasn’t convinced there was a full-on (or at least mini) infestation until last night.

We were home late from fireworks and Fourth of July fun. I was getting ready to put fresh sheets on my bed and saw a black wolf spider in the mathematical center of my mattress pad. Lovely.

This just one day after I found a smashed (but still disgusting and scary) wolf spider in my comforter cover – next to a living tiny newborn spider. Thus, infestation.

I left to get a newspaper to swat it – but when I returned it was GONE. The worst possible spider sighting scenario.

I ran downstairs, grabbed a flashlight and began a hard-target search. At this point, both boys were wide awake, helping.

After about 20 minutes of looking, Sam started to question I had even seen a spider. “Where did you see it again, mom? Are you sure? Because, mom, I really don’t think a spider is in your bed. Really.”

Jack grabbed his toy cell phone and ‘called’ the fire department, saying “C-ca-can-can you come over and f-f-f-find mommy’s big black bed spider?!”

I never did find it. I slept in the boys’ room.
I don't plan to return to my bedroom anytime soon - at least until I set off a bug bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment