06 February 2010

Like a kid loves candy and fresh snow

The boys are spending the day with their dad. And since the plows haven't come down the neighborhood streets, I'm hunkered down at home, eating mashed potatoes and M&Ms, flipping through the channels, trying to coax the cat out from under the guest bed to keep me company. So far, she’s a no show.

Being stuck inside sucks. Years before she died, my grandma (Willa) was pretty much housebound with chronic illness. I don’t know how she kept her sense of humor all those years. She died when I was 20. Few days go by that I don’t think of her.

So tonight, on this snowy February evening, a song for Willa:

Oh” by Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds - see it on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWH9yGEitiE

Love you.

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful song - Charlene and I both love Dave Matthews anyway. Nice tribute to the ol' broad. Sorry you didn't have Sam and Jack to share the candy and fresh snow.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet song for the two of you. Yep, she sure loved you. Enjoy your "visits."

    ReplyDelete