18 January 2011

Where's the cat? Google her.

My apologies, I've been lax about updating the blog. I came across a couple of entries I never posted. Here's the first - from this past fall.

The other night our cat went missing for several hours after an eventful family night in the front yard that included leaf blowing and nerf tag til dark. I guess all the commotion and gadgets scared the poor girl off.

When it was clear the cat had no intention of coming in out of the cold, coyote-ridden suburban wilderness, we did what any worried family would do. We went inside and ate dinner.

“Wouldn’t it be cool,” Jack said, his eyes shining and mouth full of spaghetti, “if we could…” (takes a break and gulps some milk – then puts his cup down carefully and begins ‘air typing’) “…type in August…” (Takes another HUGE bite of spaghetti) “… in the computer (more air typing) “… and um the, uh, then, um, the computer would…” Another bite. “find her?!”

Brilliant! Like Google Maps for lost pets – Poodle Maps, perhaps. I bet they’re already working on it.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the world of blogs....kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kel, I'll try to keep 'er going this year.

    ReplyDelete