08 September 2008

Tip: When it's "beef nugget" day at school, pack lunch

Picture this. It's bedtime. Kids are bathed, bedtime stories read and the Baker boys are tucked lovingly, securely in their comfy beds. Nightlights on, I kiss both goodnight and begin to make my way downstairs. Tomorrow's lunch won't pack itself.
Barely a step out the door, I hear a hushed whisper. It's Jack. "Mom. Mom!" (What). "Mom, do you remember that time I threw up at lunch," he whispers loudly.

"BWA-HA-HA!!!" Sam belly laughs from the bottom bunk. "I REMEMBER THAT! OH THAT WAS GOOD JACK!"
Jack, now giggling uncontrollably, is on a roll. "I (ha-ha-hee-hee) phwew up at lunch all over. It was GROSS."

Sam continues..."Jack, you DID throw up ALL OVER. THAT WAS SOOOO FUNNY!"

Regaining his composure for a split second, Sam says, "Mom? Mom? Mom! Mom... Guess what? I threw up a BEEF NUGGET that one time."

Explosive laughter from both boys now. He continues, "Yuck beef nugget. Bluck. No beef nuggets! I threw up a beef nugget and Jack threw up his beef nuggets."

Suddenly indignant: "I DID NOT!" Jack counters. "Mine was the yucky CHICKEN SANDWICH, REMEMBER?"

Ohhhhh YEAHHHHH THAT WAS SO FUNNY JACK!"

This went on for a good 15 minutes - long after I went downstairs to pack lunches that, thankfully, will not include any thing remotely similar to "beef nuggets."





No comments:

Post a Comment