03 May 2007

Super Bowls, Pooftaste and Poopateria

I thought of a few more funny toddler words and phrases:

Satur-ring - Saturn
Poof-taste - Toothpaste
Nah-kin - Napkin
Yunion - Onion
Too shiny! - Too bright
Bungle bee - Bumble bee
Super bowls - pink heart-shaped bowls I served cheese and crackers in on Super Bowl Sunday

And the creme de la creme:

"Poopateria" - as in, hey guys, where did you have lunch today?

"The POOPateria!" (giggle, giggle, giggle).

I don't know where they picked that one up. Though I did have a heated "poopateria" email exchange with their father when I first heard it. Which, itself, is pretty damn funny now that I think about it:

ME: "I know you taught them POOPateria!"
HIM: "I don't know what you're talking about."
ME: "Don't even deny it. They told me you said Poopateria and now they're saying it all the time."
HIM: "I did not teach them Poopateria."
ME: "I know you did. Poopateria is totally something you would say."
His denial of response at that point was, in my mind, admission of guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment