19 February 2008

et tu, Basemip?

The rockin basement project was nearly complete - only installation of new carpet remained. Simple, right? HA! Here we are, weeks later. In the cateogory of "are you kidding me?" or "do you believe this?!" these geniuses (the installation crew) actually left the job midway without carpeting the entire stairway. When I inquired, I was told, "Don't got 'nuff carpet."
Umm, Ok.
This unfortunate discovery came after they haphazardly stapled marbled carpet pad to each step. The cat has been enjoying chewing and ripping all of that up. Oh well. The topper: The installers mangled (not just dinged) MANGLED a number of areas of the brand new white woodwork base boards, put visible chips and mud, dirt, oil prints on at least a dozen spots throughout the entire 330+ square foot room. (All fresh paint, mind you. After heated phone calls, a report to BBB and Angie's List, another contractor is coming over Thursday night to finish the steps. A handyman will be out the following week to repair the extensive damage.
I still have high hopes for the living space. I'll steer clear from Levi's 4 Floor carpeting. And I'll be a lot more careful who I allow into my home. My gut instinct told me something wasn't right with this crew almost immediately. Lesson learned.

PS - I'm experiencing technical issues with the blog, so the font may appear different.

No comments:

Post a Comment